Each year the Knights of Columbus Fr. Robert O. Hickman Assembly #1883 in Winchester, Virgina honors those members who have passed away that year by donating a chalice engraved with the name of each deceased Knight to the missions. It is a loving tribute to their brothers that have passed and a way to keep the spirit of Christ ever moving through their collective memory.
The Pallotine Missionaries were the first to enter Cameroon in 1890, with the Sacred Heart Fathers joining them in 1913, trekking to the outskirts of Cameroon to evangelize what is now the Diocese of Kumbo. Later came the Mill Hill Missionaries whose work would be felt in a very special way on the 24th of July 1949 when the first Southern Cameroonian priest, Rev. Aloysius Ba’lon Wankuy, was ordained. This was a landmark moment in the history of the Catholic Church in Southern Cameroon. The Diocese of Kumbo was established in 1982 and now has 152,000 Catholics (20% of the population). They have 89 priests, 26 Brothers, and 147 Sisters serving in 25 parishes. -- arlingtonmissions.org